Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bound By Honor - review by Cole from Jessewave

Cole from Jessewave wrote a fabulous review of Bound By Honor - honestly, I couldn't have asked for a more thoughtful commentary on the book.  Sometimes reviewers will say things and you're like, no, I didn't mean that at all.  But Cole's review really pinpointed what BBH is about to me.  A struggle of wills.  Stubborn men.

Here are a few of my favorite parts:


Review Summary: I couldn’t stop reading this intelligent romance with a unique spin on BDSM, a mystery subplot, and real, compelling characters that tugged on my heart and begged me to cheer for them and the HEA they worked so hard for.
"This book also surprised me in a way that very few books have before. Rarely have I read a book that deals with BDSM where the culture isn’t the center of the story. Here, BDSM is used as a means for the characters to express their desires, expectations, and pre-concieved roles in their relationship. The story isn’t actually about BDSM at all, and in fact, when the characters start to really investigate their feelings and desires and discover this, they realize that they are outgrowing those roles, they’re evolving just as their relationship is, and it is away from the community. Once they find the tools to express those feelings and emotions, they start to investigate having a rather vanilla (though still very rough and tumble) relationship. I appreciated this move from the author, because it showed that she takes her characters seriously and allows them to drive the story, which is what makes this story compelling in the first place."


I've gotten some awesome emails from readers about Bound By Honor and let me tell you, there is NOTHING better than than reader mail!!! For everyone who's read and helped to spread the word - THANK YOU!!!

I'll post the blurb for Bound By Law next week :):)

1 comment:

  1. I just finished reading "Bound by Honor." I read it all in one go; I just couldn't put it down.
    My eldest son is in the Army. I found the dialogue to be completely authentic. Tanner and Damon talk just like my son and his friends. Excellent

    ReplyDelete